What is Zoning?
What is zoning and how does it work?
Zoning offers room-by-room or zone-by-zone temperature control in up to 8 locations throughout your home or business. Zoning leverages multiple thermostats along with duct dampers to manage the distribution of air within your home. Zoning systems effectively reduce the occurrence of unwanted hot or cold spots and increase your overall comfort.
HVAC Zone Control vs. Ductless Mini-Split
How do you determine which system is best for your home or business?
Use a Zoning System When:
- Your existing equipment is still in good working condition. If your home has an efficient HVAC system in good working condition or is still under warranty, installing a zoning system is the option for you.
- You can identify 4 or more zones that need better temperature control. If your home or office has 4 or more locations that need better temperature control, a zoning system will help manage comfort as well as utility costs and energy usage.
- Aesthetics are important and wall hanging units are not preferred. If you’re not comfortable with the sight of ductless units being mounted to your walls, zoning systems may offer a better solution for you.
Use Ductless Mini-Splits When:
- You have specific problem areas that need more cooling or heating. If there are certain rooms or areas in your home or business that don’t cool or heat as well as others, ductless mini-splits are perfect addition to enhance your comfort.
- You’re planning a home addition or renovation. If you’re planning to build an addition, ductless split systems offer a simple and cost effective way to add heating and/or cooling to the area without the hassle of tying into the existing duct system.
- You have an enclosed patio or four-season room. Sunrooms are great when the weather is mild, but when the temperatures soar or fall, it’s hard to maintain a comfortable temperature. Ductless mini-split systems offer 4 seasons of comfort.
- Your home doesn’t have ductwork. Ductless split systems offer a way to add air conditioning and/or heating to your home without the need to add new or modify existing ductwork.
Luxury Heating & Air Conditioning Can Improve the Zoning in Your Home
At Luxury Heating and Air Conditioning, we’re experts. Our zoning systems can help you manage the temperature and comfort of your home and save money on your utility bills. Our sales professionals will help you identify the most challenging zones in your home and customize your system to better manage those areas.
Interested in Home Temperature Zoning?
- Avon Lake
- Bay Village
- Broadview Heights
- Brook Park
- Columbia Station
- Fairview Park
- Middleburg Heights
- North Olmsted
- North Ridgeville
- North Royalton
- Olmsted Falls
- Olmsted Twp
- Rocky River
- Sheffield Village
- Sheffield Lake
*Blue = Service Area **Green = Extended Service Area